Artisan Goat Milk Creamery
Sweet Potato Cranberry Pecan Bites
2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds 4 oz goat cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp milk, I used 1%
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/4 c toasted chopped pecans
1/2 c dried cranberries
Honey for drizzling
1. Preaheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
3. In a large bowl toss together the sweet potato slices, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Lay the slices out on the baking sheet in a single layer, spray the tops with more cooking oil if necessary. 5. Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake for another8-12 minutes or until tender.
6. While the sweet potatoes bake, use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or handheld mixer to whipthe goat cheese, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper until smooth and fluffy.
7. Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture onto each sweet potato round.
8. Top the goat cheese with a few chopped pecans and cranberries, then drizzle with honey.
9. Serve warm or at room temperature